This introductory training for nurses, social workers, doctors and other health care or community providers is available online as a 30-minute Microsoft PowerpointTM presentation (click here)
A provider training can also be scheduled on-site at your agency or can be arranged via teleconference call. If you would like more information or would like to request a training, (click here) to complete the training request form and email your request to Avril.Albaugh@UHHospitals.org.
The purpose of the training is to assist providers with identifying pregnant and postpartum women at risk for depression. The training addresses the following:
- Signs and symptoms of Perinatal Depression
- Impact of untreated Perinatal Depression
- Screening for Perinatal Depression using the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
- Developing a care path for screening and referral
- Resource materials available for clients
The following materials are available and can be downloaded and printed.
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
- Scripts for introducing and administering the EPDS
- Care path sample for screening and referral
- Fax Referral Sheet
- Resource materials available for clients which can be ordered through CRPN, (click here)
After completion of the training consultation and follow-up are available to assist providers with developing perinatal depression screening and referral protocols. For further follow up, consultation or to order materials contact the CRPN Perinatal Depression Project Coordinator at: Avril.Albaugh@UHHospitals.org or (216) 844-3391.