Find out more about the background and development of the CRPN Perinatal Depression Project.
We offer an introductory training on perinatal depression for nurses, social workers, doctors and other health care or community providers The purpose is to raise awareness and assist providers with identifying pregnant and postpartum women at risk for depression.
The training consists of a powerpoint presentation that addresses the following:
- Overview of Perinatal Mood Disorders
- Impact of Untreated Depression on Pregnancy Outcome
- Tools for Screening/Identification/Referral
The following material are available and can be downloaded and printed.
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
- CRPN Carepath Sample for Screening & Referrals
- Maternal Behavioral Health Referral Form
- List of Commercial Insurance Options
After completion of the training, consultation and follow up are available to assist providers with developing perinatal depression screening and referral protocols.
To request a training or consultation, click here.